Short Bio: I was born in Wabash, Indiana but grew up in Merrill, a small town in north-central Wisconsin. My husband Lou and I have been married 29 years, living for the past 15 in West Bend. We have two great kids, Andy 24, and Gail, 21. I enjoy traveling, hiking, reading, and hanging around with my family. I've worked at Immanuel church since 2001 and love my job! The best part of my job here is all of the wonderful people I've gotten to know.
Education: After graduating from Merrill Sr. High in 1976 I attended the University of Wisconsin -Oshkosh from 1976 to 1978. After two years of college I decided I was interested in the travel industry and attended the McConnell School of Travel in Minneapolis. I worked as a travel agent for about 5 years until I became a full time stay at home mom. In 2000 when I was ready to re-enter the work force I attended UWWC for one year, taking writing and computer classes.
Favorite Books: Follow the River by James Alexander Thorn, The Firm by John Grisham, The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank & Eleanor Roosevelt, Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Favorite Movies: Overboard, It's a Wonderful Life, The Matrix, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Fiddler on the Roof, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Favorite TV Shows: Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy, House
Favorite Activities: Hiking, camping, watching movies, traveling, hanging out with friends.
Favorite Songs: When the Levee Breaks, by Bonham/J/M/P/P, Cinnamon Girl, by Young, Carol of the Bells, by Mykola Dmytrovich Leontovych, In the Bulb There is a Flower, by Natalie Sleeth
Favorite Musicians: Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, The Beatles
Favorite Sports: watching football
Favorite Foods: Spagetti, Quesadia's
Hobbies: travel, reading, going for long walks
James Lipton's Ten Questions:
1. What is your favorite word? Friday
2. What is your least favorite word? Monday
3. What turns you on? Puppies and kittens, laughing with friends
4. What turns you off? Rude people
6. What is your favorite curse word? the "s" word (shoot)
6. What sound or noise do you love? Rain on the roof
7. What sound or noise do you hate? My alarm clock
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? To be a reporter, like Barbara Walters
9. What profession would you not like to attempt? Professional sky diver.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I've been waiting for you!
Contact: Click HERE to email Julie.