Short Bio: I was born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin. My parents were (and still are) very positive people and I have wonderful memories of my childhood with them. I taught elementary and middle school music in Random Lake for 29 years before sensing a "call" to leave that position to serve at Immanuel! A highlight of my life was when my best friend from high school called me out of the blue to see how I was doing after all these years. Six months later, we were married and have been married for sixteen years. Between the two of us, we have three children and two grandsons. Over the past several years, I have had a passion to serve God, Immanuel and the ministries in India in whatever way possible.
Education: Beginning in 1974, I attended the University of Wisconsin in Madison, hoping to do something with music. I first pursued music composition, then switched to voice performance and finally switched to music education. In 1978, I received a Bachelor of Science degree in music education, followed by a Masters degree in 1987.
Favorite Books: Celestine Prophecy, Bridges of Madison County, The Bible
Favorite Movies: Pretty Woman, Ever After, American President, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Princess Bride, Lady Hawke
Favorite TV Shows: Bill and I enjoy watching "Chuck", Medium" and "Law and Order: SVU". My daughter, Jinna and I love to watch "The Gilmore Girls".
Favorite Activities: Laughing, doing just about anything with my husband, hanging out with Brett and Jinna, being with my church family, traveling to India, singing with the Worship Team.
Favorite Songs: My Sweet Lady, Sunshine on my Shoulders, Varsity, If you Wanna be a Badger, Breathe (with Jane singing!), Come to Jesus.
Favorite Musicians: Phil Collins, James Taylor, Bette Midler, The Chenille Sisters, the Nylons, Bill Tybring, Rich Vincent
Favorite Sports: Watching the Packers, bike riding
Favorite Foods: Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate
Hobbies: Playing the harp, playing with my grandson, gardening, doing anything with my husband, helping out at church, Sudoku
Personality Type: I.S.F.J.
Strengthsfinder: Positivity, Empathy, Developer, Includer, Maximizer
Influences: My mom and dad, because they were (and still are) so supportive of me, and because they have such a joy for life!
James Lipton's Ten Questions:
1.What is your favorite word? Love
2. What is your least favorite word? That sucks!
3. What turns you on? My husband...a great meal...traveling
4. What turns you off? Smoking, loud motorcycles
5. What is your favorite curse word? Sh** (or poop)
6. What sound or noise do you love? My Grandson's voice
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Fingers cracking
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional football player
9. What profession would you not like to attempt? Garbage collecting
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well done, my good and faithful servant. Now, go help yourself to all the chocolate you desire!
Contact: Click HERE to email Terri.